JOHNNY MAC SOLDIERS FUND NAMES NEW BOARD MEMBERS
--Twelve Distinguished Veterans, Business and Community Leaders Selected--
HOPKINTON, MASSACHUSETTS, November 21, 2014 - The Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund recently announced selection of twelve members to its Board of Directors. As are the organization's current Board members, the new Board members are distinguished veterans and leaders in business and their communities. With the Fund's mission of giving back to military veterans and their immediate family members through education assistance, the new Directors will support the organization by increasing outreach and expanding programs.
The newly named members to the Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund Board of Directors are:
- David E. Anderson, Executive Vice President, Public Institutions, JLL, Alexandria, VA.
- Cary Clayborn, Vice President and Client Consultant, Manning & Napier, Dallas, TX.
- Patrick Daly, President and CEO, Cohera Medical, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA.
- Terry Finley, Founder and President, West Point Thoroughbreds, Inc., Saratoga Springs, NY.
- Kurt Gutierrez, CEO, FPS, Inc., and Partner, Patriot Strategies; Alexandria, VA.
- Robert Healy, Founder and Managing Partner, L Squared Capital Partners, Newport Beach, CA.
- James Hradecky, Founder and CEO, NuLife Med, LLC, Manchester, NH.
- Pat O'Connor, President, Swagelok Denver, Denver, CO.
- Richard Pascoe, CEO, Apricus Biosciences, Inc., San Diego, CA.
- William Schiffer, President, Newhaven Distribution Services, Inc., Bronx, NY.
- David Urban, President, American Continental Group, Inc., Washington, DC.
- William Walter, General Counsel, Grand Bank, Hattiesburg, MS.
Stephen Cannon, co-founder of the Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund and President & CEO of Mercedes-Benz USA, stated, "We're delighted to be welcoming these new members to the Board of Directors of the Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund. As fellow West Point classmates and veterans, they each bring leadership and diverse experiences that will importantly impact the success of this organization."
Tony Guzzi, Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund co-founder and President & CEO of EMCOR Group, Inc., commented, "There's no doubt that the addition of these twelve leaders to the Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund Board of Directors will significantly contribute to and broaden the awareness of the organization's mission and meaningfully contribute to raising the critical funds needed for education programs for veterans and family members."
About Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund
Established in 2014, the Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to financially assisting veterans and their family members with education expenses. The fund is inspired by Colonel John “Johnny Mac” McHugh, KIA in Kabul, Afghanistan on May 18, 2010. To learn more about or support the mission of the Johnny Mac Soldiers Fund, visit JohnnyMac.org.